Braised Rabbit with Mushroom Sauce
Ready in 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) dressed rabbit, cut up
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl, and set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Coat each piece of rabbit with the seasoned flour mixture, and cook in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until the rabbit pieces are golden brown. Remove the rabbit from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix together the mushroom soup, mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the browned rabbit pieces in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven with a lid, and cover the rabbit with the carrots and potatoes. Pour the mushroom sauce over the rabbit, carrots, and potatoes, cover, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, until the rabbit and vegetables are tender and the sauce is bubbling.
Categories: Rabbit Recipes